Committed to working with Local Communities
Wembdon is a place that stands out as unique to the surrounding area, with a village setting separate to Bridgwater but close to the town.
We are committed to working with local communities to build a development that meets the area’s housing needs while taking into account the look and feel of Wembdon. Our site is allocated for development in the Sedgemoor District Council Local Plan, which is due to be adopted in early 2019. It is also identified in the draft Neighbourhood Plan, which sets the priorities for Wembdon – both housing and community facilities. We have carefully considered the aspirations of the draft Neighbourhood Plan and wherever possible these are reflected in our designs.
In particular, our proposals provide:
- Significant new homes including apartments and family houses to enhance choice
- Affordable housing to meet local need
- A new neighbourhood centre including a Primary School as well as community and/or retail facilities
- High quality development design that reflects the character of Wembdon
- Enhanced parking strategy which seeks to minimise the need for on-street parking wherever possible
- A landscaped setting for development to protect existing views and create new open spaces which will be accessible to the local community
- Ecological enhancements for the area through the creation of new ponds, nesting habitats and hedgerow planting
Our masterplan shows the layout of our proposals for the creation of around 625 new homes.Click to Enlarge →
Download our public exhibition panelsDownload here →